Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
The Assistant Project Manager assists with providing the planning, coordination, and direction for project management activities to ensure they meet owner needs, specifications, cost, and schedule. May supervise office/field administrative staff or project/field engineers and other assigned staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists the Project Manager in developing project specific procedures, documentation and related A/E/C industry systems for the project
• Knowledge of contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications to ensure compliance with construction/project requirements
• Obtains, maintains, and manages data, information, communications, and approvals required by project and company requirements between owner, architects, engineers, and other project-related entities
• Assists in the management of project controls, cost, and performance activities and procedures, project logistics, organization, systems and project closeout
• Supports project meetings to include documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information and statuses
• May assist in coordinating and monitoring activities of construction management staff, contractors, engineers, architects, and related performing entities
• Performs other duties as required
• Associate’s or Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture (Extensive relevant project or construction management experience in place of education may be considered)
• 3 years of experience as an Assistant Project Manager
• Knowledge of project development, design-phase management, construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering/construction principles is required
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, SharePoint, and experience with project-related systems such as Prolog and Primavera are required
• Proficiency with various document control systems
• Justice, Corrections and Institutional construction and modernization is preferred
• Construction Manager in Training (CMIT) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) preferred
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: email@example.com
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify