Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
Scope of Duties:
• Ensures that contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications comply with project requirements.
• Participate in design phase constructability review sessions.
• Reviews project budgets during the design phase and provide input to the design phase Sr. Project Manager.
• Assists with selection of project consultants.
• Strong knowledge of contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications to ensure contract compliance and compliance with the requirements of DSA projects.
• Provides oversight on multiple and complex projects which fall under the jurisdiction of DSA.
• Oversees multiple Construction Management (CM) firms ensuring that the CM firms are correctly executing their contractual responsibilities. Verify timeliness and quality of all deliverables. Scope of work includes but is not limited to the following;
o Ensures CM firms provide management of project logistics, organization and safety.
o Ensures CM firms provide project closeout and documentation that meets all contractual requirements for final project delivery to owner entities. Ensure project is closed out with DSA and other regulatory agencies.
o Ensures CM firms monitor contractor, architect, engineer and other team members as applicable to ensure compliance with contract requirements and deliverables.
o Ensures that the CM firms manage and administers project controls, cost, and performance activities and procedures in compliance with established processes.
o Ensures that the CM firms provide required oversight and management of project logistics, organization, and manpower utilization.
o Ensures CM firms are following established program processes and practices.
o Ensures CM firms are providing project reporting in compliance with the program processes including but not limited to meeting minutes, daily construction reports, quality control reports, schedule reviews, daily photographs, etc.
• Reviews monthly pay applications by contractor.
• Ensures project management plan and procedures manuals are developed and followed in accordance with contract requirements.
• Prepares accident/incident reports and performs follow‐up investigations.
• Consistently follows the organization’s safety policy, promoting a positive and collaborative safety culture.
• Evaluates consultant change orders. Coordinates consultant and contractor change order approval process with the Board.
• Coordinates as required with regulatory agencies.
• Anticipate and resolve project challenges or issues.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture is required.
• Minimum of 9 years of experience as a Construction Manager and an additional 3 years of experience as a Senior Construction Manager supervising staff is required.
• Experience with DSA / public projects in California, specifically with Higher Education, Community College, or K-12 projects is required.
• Experience managing projects $35 million to $75 million.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
• Knowledge and application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering/construction principles, techniques, materials, applications, and practices are required.
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with project-related Construction Management systems are required.
• Ability to handle multiple contractors and multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously is required.
• Registration as an Architect, Professional Engineer, and/or licensed as a General Contractor is preferred.
• Certified Construction Manager preferred.
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: email@example.com
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.