Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
- Possesses functional knowledge of contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications to ensure relation and compliance to construction/project requirements.
- Has experience with database project controls software systems.
- Provides support to the Construction Manager to coordinate, direct and monitor activities of contractors/subcontractors, engineers, architects and related performing entities. Provides project controls, cost, and performance activities and procedures support and administration.
- Coordinates, directs and monitors activities of moving classrooms, offices and other school facilities between school sites.
- Participates in project meetings and prepares and distributes meeting minutes for the administration and tracking of relevant information and statuses.
- At direction of the Construction Manager completes routine reporting (Daily reports, Weekly Progress Reports, Monthly Reports, Submittal & RFI Logs, Change Order Logs, etc.).
- Provide administration and processing of project logistics, organization, safety, and manpower utilization.
- Responsible for the administration of project closeout to secure guarantees, warranties, and related provisions for final project delivery to owner entities.
- Performing takeoffs on scope in the plans (either related to an RFI or PCO)
- Comparing of base scope and changed scope for PCO reviews
- Using RSMeans and online data to provide ROM estimates for the District requested changes and comparisons to BHM’s prices in submitted PCOs
- Calling local contractors to compare pricing for PCOs or District requested changes
- Taking photos and dimensions of issues out on site related to RFIs or PCOs
- Coordinating and communicating with our neighbors (HARD pool and Dr. Zak at Sunset Campus) on construction activities and fielding questions from them)
- Creating progress videos for District PR purposes (and very quickly I might add)
- Creating exhibits in Bluebeam to further illustrate issues in the field (using dimension and scaling tools on Bluebeam)
- Reviewing contractor’s as-builts and submitting correction lists to them
- Coordinating and communicating with the project Commissioning Agent to ensure commissioning procedures are being followed and documented
- Drafting emails either documenting an issue on site or rejecting PCOs for CM to use in official communication with contractor
- Bachelors of science degree in Architecture, Construction Management or Engineering or equivalend experience
- Understanding of construction methods and techniques. Understanding and experience with alternative public works delivery methods in California
- Knowledge of project controls software such as Eadocs, Prolog, Impact PMWeb, E-Builder or similar
- Construction Contract administration
- Minimum of 2 years experience as Field Engineer or Assistant Construction Manager preferred as supporting a California K-12 school project over $10million
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: email@example.com
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify