Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
The Design Services Manager provides the overall design services planning, coordination, and direction for Program Management to ensure it meets the client's programmatic needs and standards, industry design standards, regulatory codes, and industry trends. Will supervise office/field staff assisting in this effort. The Program Management field for this position is Corrections and Rehabilitation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Design Services Manager will be directly responsible for organizing and directing all efforts of the assigned individuals from the Technical Support Services Group. The Design Services Manager will work directly with assigned staff of architects, engineers, and other design professionals to ensure that all required design services are delivered at the highest level possible. Required design services include architectural space programs, prototypical design elements, security standards, sustainability standards, owner Design Guidelines and standards, guideline specifications and a variety of other services that will establish the Program design standards and parameters. The Design Services Manager reports internally to the Deputy Program Manager for Program Controls.
The Design Services Manager provides overall guidance for:
1) Project Design Review
• Development, refinement, and overall management of the client's design review process
• Scheduling, development, and execution of Subconsultant design review contracts and Task Orders
• Provide oversight of multiple Design Review Team efforts
• Conduct Quality Assurance and Quality Control of the design review process
2) Client Standard Design Documents (SDD) Drawings, Specifications, and Space Standards
• Assist in the management and closeout of the SDD Drawings and Specifications Change Requests
• Execution of Subconsultant SDD review contracts and Task Orders
• Provide review, editing, and oversight of Subconsultant SDD review efforts
3) Accessibility and California Building Codes
• Oversight of ADA and California building code application to the Program
• Assist in the management and development of the client's Accessibility Transition Plans
• Manage the technical data contained within client's Accessibility Transition Plans SharePoint site
• Occasional travel for field assessment of existing conditions within occupied prisons
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent is required
• Minimum of 9 years of experience as a Project Manager and an additional 3 years of experience as a Senior Project Manager supervising staff is required
• Advanced knowledge and application of master planning, A/E solicitation, project development, design-phase management, construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering/construction principles, contracts and delivery methods is required
• Thorough knowledge of the California Building Code (CBC) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is required
• Experience with project-related systems such as Prolog and Primavera is required
• Annual TB testing is required
• Basic security check meeting client's guidelines is required
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify