The Senior Administrative Assistant supports and reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external clients on all matters pertaining to the Chief Marketing Officer’s office and the Marketing/Business Development Department. This person also provides administrative support for the Vice President of Business Strategy and Vice President, Director of Business Development. Among other duties, provides high-level administrative support in the areas of calendaring, travel arrangements, meeting coordination, gatekeeping, editing, organization, documentation, analytical and clerical tasks, department operation functions and special projects. Responsible for regular administrative support in both assigned tasks and ad hoc internal projects. Functions as the administrative support for such procedures as budget development and coordination, production of proposals, database maintenance, and documentation management and control (electronic and paper).
The Senior Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion and to exercise discretion and independent judgment on a regular basis to handle matters of a sensitive and/or confidential nature in furtherance of organizational and client needs. The ideal individual will have experience working with Administrative-level management for a company with a minimum of 200 employees and will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Arranges in-person and conference call meetings including, but not limited to, interviews, department meetings, and client meetings. Assures audiovisual needs, orders meals, and coordinates necessary meeting materials.
- Will arrange travel and logistics for employees, clients, and others as necessary.
- Assists in the preparation of confidential reports, financial information, and budgets. Will regularly be tasked to work on sensitive or proprietary information.
- Prepares correspondence, meeting minutes, proposals, and other materials from rough draft or corrected copy.
- Processes both incoming and outgoing departmental mail using corporate mail delivery procedures and vendors, including overnight delivery systems.
- Maintains mailing lists, lead tracking, specialized data, contact lists, and related customer relationship databases using Cosential and other software programs and coordinates for periodic updates. Inputs leads, opportunities, and specialized data maintaining CRM database with periodic updates.
- Composes and/or edits, assembles, and distributes a variety of documents and other materials from rough draft of corrected copy, as needed or required and with minimal direction using their proficiency in work processing.
- Edits department work products and mailing lists acting as the final editorial eye looking for grammar, punctuation, and content consistency.
- Provides information, fills requests for department collateral, and directs inquiries to the correct parties.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the department budget, acts as knowledge base for expenses and accounting for the department. Maintains contracts and coordinates invoices.
- Answers incoming and places outgoing phone calls on behalf of the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Provides high level administrative support to the staff of the marketing department by assisting with a variety of requests and tasks as needed to complete overflow work.
- Provides organizational support including the organization of file systems, processes, brand supplies, and resources.
- Prepares monthly expense reports for the Chief Marketing Officer, VP of Business Strategy, VP, Director of Business Development and others in the Department as directed by the CMO including compiling documentation necessary to prepare reports.
- Regularly works on special projects and events.
- Promptness and regular attendance at assigned work-site is necessary and required.
- Maintains office environment to high standards and ensures continuity of department culture.
- Performs reception duties as required acting as a greeter to office, receiving and directing clients and guests, and operating the telephone system in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide all job functions in a manner that and supports and reflects the quality of Vanir’s services.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Four-year college baccalaureate-level degree with emphasis in business administration or technical degree in related construction disciple or equivalent technical area of study. 6+ years of experience in business administration or construction, engineering or architectural related position or combined internships
- Or, two-year college baccalaureate-level degree with a preference in business disciplines such as business administration, accounting/finance or management or construction disciple. 8+ years of experience in project coordination and support on construction, engineering, or equivalent technical projects.
- Or, non-degree holders must possess a High School Diploma or GED and 10+ years of experience in a construction, engineering, architecture, or similar technical projects related to providing coordination, project support, and planning. Incumbent should be planning to advance their education to a baccalaureate-level.
- Must possess knowledge and application of providing administrative support to corporate and construction office procedures, administrative support applications and practices. Individuals possessing a CAP designation are encouraged to apply.
- Capability and experience for effective personnel interactions in professional settings.
- Must have the ability to provide interpersonal and communications skills to effectively communicate in person or via all forms of correspondence.
- Must have a complete understanding and command of the English language and have the ability to perform editorial reviews and proofreading. Knowledge and experience of construction concepts highly preferred.
- Advanced computer skills and advanced working knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite products. Cosential, InDesign, and Adobe software experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts is required.
- Ability to represent Vanir and related entities in a professional manner at all times to ensure company policies and procedures as well as compliance to all applicable laws and regulations.